Breast augmentation is one of the most commonly performed cosmetic and plastic surgery procedures in Australia. In a competitive industry where a wide range of aesthetic procedures, including breast augmentation and implants, can be offered by non-specialist doctors, it is important to know who you are entrusting with your appearance and good health.
Doctors in Perth who offer breast augmentation surgery can include:
- Specialist plastic surgeons
- Non specialist doctors, general practitioners
- Surgeons who have degrees in other disciplines, such as general surgery or ear, nose and throat surgery
To ensure you are consulting an appropriate medical professional for your surgical requirements you may ask:
- Are you a registered specialist surgeon (with the medical board)?
- In what specific area is your Fellow Royal Australian College of Surgeons (FRACS) or specialist surgical degree?
Breast augmentation surgery requires a highly trained and qualified plastic surgeon. You should understand the differences between a cosmetic and a plastic surgeon and be confident that the surgeon you choose is properly trained and qualified to perform your procedure.
Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Mr. Mark Duncan-Smith
Specialist Plastic Surgeon
MBBS FRACS (Plastic Surgery)
Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons FRACS (Plastic Surgery)
- Member of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS)
- Member of the Australian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS)
- Member of the Western Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons (WASPS), Former President
- Member of the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- Member of the Australian Medical Association (AMA)
- Founding member of Breast.com.au
- Cleveland Clinic Florida, Plastic Surgery Fellowship, Ft Lauderdale, Florida 1999
- Johns Hopkins University, Plastic Surgery Fellowship Baltimore, Maryland 1998
- FRACS, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Fellowship Diploma no. 8586, 1997
- MBBS University of Western Australia 1987
About Our Surgeon
Surgeon Mark Duncan-Smith is an internationally trained, fully accredited plastic and reconstructive surgeon with a special interest in breast augmentation.
Born and raised in Perth, Mr. Duncan-Smith attended the University of Western Australia and completed his Bachelor degree in medicine and surgery in 1987. His studies continued in the plastic and reconstructive specialist area, finishing in the latter half of 1996. He obtained his Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) in 1997. Specialist post-graduate studies in plastic surgery were undertaken in the USA. He opened his practice in 2000.
Mr. Duncan-Smith is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS), Royal College of Surgeons and a member of the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons. He was the former Head of Department, Plastic Surgery, at Royal Perth Hospital (2008 – 2014), a consultant plastic and reconstructive surgeon at The Western Australia State Adult Burns Unit and now works with the Fiona Stanley Hospital Burns Unit.
He was one of the 2 consultant burn surgeons who work on the acute burns of the Bali Bombing Disaster and more recently also was the clinical lead for the Ashmore Reef Burns Disaster.
A past president of the West Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons (WASPS), Mr. Duncan-Smith lectures and trains future plastic and reconstructive surgeons.
The CosMedicWest Team
CosMedicWest consists of a team of friendly, experienced professionals dedicated to providing you with the best care possible.
Lynn is a registered nurse with more than 20 years’ experience in medical/surgical nursing. She has been with CosMedicWest for more than three years
Lynn on provides education and information to patient’s pre and post operatively as well as wound care management. She also administers non-surgical treatments such as wrinkle relaxers, volumisers and dermal fillers.
Lynn offers personalised service, ensuring each client is treated with the highest level of professional care.
Vania joined CosMedicWest in 2012 and has more than three years medical industry experience.
Vania’s role includes appointment setting and providing quotes and breast augmentation surgery bookings. She has a wealth of knowledge about processes and is available to answer your general questions about our services.